|Drift boats on the Chetco River. Chetco River Watershed Council Photo|
Ever wonder why native, naturally reproducing chinook salmon and steelhead trout populations in so many other watersheds are in trouble and why the Chetco's are in relatively good shape? But then why are Chetco River's coho salmon in trouble and named a core population in the Southern Oregon/Northern California Coho Salmon Recovery Plan? Bring your questions about the Chetco River and join the Chetco River Watershed Council and Wild Rivers Chapter of Trout Unlimited for a family day on the beautiful Chetco River.
To get a glimpse of this amazing river here are some facts and great videos:
- Swim with the Chetco River's salmon in Thomas Dunklin's amazing underwater video.
- Enjoy a virtual float of the river with Harvey Young, KSBC and the Chetco Watershed Council.
- See the Oregon Field Guide's up river journey on the remote upper Chetco with Alan Wilson, Ann Vileisis and Tim Palmer.
- Read about Slade Sapora's his epic 55 mile journey from the Chetco's headwaters, through the rugged Kalmiopsis Wilderness, and to the Pacific. See some of his beautiful images of the trip.
- View video and photos of the Chetco River in the Kalmiopsis Wilderness.
- Learn the facts about the Chetco River at Wikipedia.
|Just one of the amazing places forming the wilderness headwaters of the Chetco River. Slade Sapora Photo.|